Sunday, July 16, 2006

Crazy but Avec Ice Cream

Lately I've been feeling really jumpy. And very self-judging. Aunt Sue sent a great quote and a timely one too: Happiness is like a butterfly. The more you chase it, the more it will
elude you. But if you turn your attention to other things, it comes softly and sits on your shoulder.

---Henry David Thoreau

Though I don't know how to make the jumpy go away---neurosis comes natural to me. Even the ice cream at Larry's two days in a row hasn't helped cool me off. Though it was funny to see the lady ahead of me get so pissed off she walked out of the store when Larry would only let her sample one flavor--and said he'd let her sample two...but this woman wanted to sample three...as if one really needs to make a careful and cautious ice cream decision. I mean, you should know what flavor you want, or at least have some idea. It's good to know there are some people more jumpy than you. At least I ended up with a chocolate shake!

No comments: