Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Dynamite Thursdays and a Dynamite Line


Tomorrow begins Dyanamite Thursdays at Bar Rouge. We'll be showing the movie and having complimentary tots at the bar (provided management gives us the ok)! Shannon and I will be rockin' our Vote for Pedro t's (provided that management got them made for us). So it should be a dynamite time (provided that our patrons dig it). Tonight Shannon and I will be dreaming up the inagural drink---the Uncle Rico--conveniently left off of our Boys of Summer drink menu.

*

I want to share with you one of the best passages (rather a few lines) from The G-d of Small Things. I really haven't been able to put this book down. Arundhati Roy captures the wonder and mystery of the world around and inside of us. The world she weaves is tangible and mystical and the characters entralling:

"It is after all so easy to shatter a story. To break a chain of thought. To ruin a fragment of a dream being carried around carefully like a piece of porcelain. To let it be, to travel with it, as Velutha did, is much the harder thing to do."

2 comments:

Chai said...

I love you. Not only am I a big ND fan, but I adore A.Roy and the book you are reading. I hope you post your thoughts about the book when you are done.

Carly said...

I definitely will and do stop into the Rouge, especially tomorrow. Looks like the free tots at the bar are a go!