Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Lobster Muses

This is beauty pageant Ramona style: the world's sexiest vegetarian.
http://www.peta2.com/OUTTHERE/o-sexyveg06.asp?c=p2sv92

Been typing up and revising some Ramona poems as this got me thinking more about her.

Today I dropped off more short story drafts and in my mailbox I found a card from a student from last semester. I had written her recommendation letters for an internship at the Holocaust Museum this summer and her study abroad in the fall. She got both!! There's a great quote on the front of the thank you note--"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." It makes me think that I'm really planting some roots here, city-style though. Also funny because I noticed a single sprout growing out from the bricks on the sidewalk outside my door. How the small things begin to take root.

And speaking of things taking root, make sure to check out the new issue of Beltway Quarterly, poems in response to the Iraqi War: http://washingtonart.com/beltway/contents.html. Hopefully some good has been planted.

No comments: