Friday, May 19, 2006

from the Bartender Diaries

People will tell you anything. Most times you don't have to ask. I remember people's drinks, not their names. Perhaps that's part of the job. You have to always keep them on their toes, let them know you're the boss. It helps to have boobs too, but really that doesn't matter (of course it does) but as long as you find what makes you sexy and in charge, you'll do alright for yourself. It also helps to be quirky and friendly. Notice friendly, not flirty--it's more genuine. In a matter of three days I got countless business cards, invites upstairs, and inquiries about where to get blow. I think I also fixed a relationship, or at least helped it along, but we bartenders know discretion is important. You are a master of mystery, the ring master of all things sultry, the gatekeeper of the city, and the hand that pours their misery.

1 comment:

natalie@theliquidmuse.com said...

Hey Carly,
Natalie here - from The Liquid Muse...

I'd like to know more about your bartending... where to find you - or if you'd like to share a drink for a posting...? I love to meet and promote the folks like you who make it possible for the rest of us to go out and have a night on the town!

E-me at: theliquidmuse@yahoo.com