Friday, October 31, 2008

It Was That Good

The other day I was walking by Madison Square Park and I had heard crazy things about Shake Shack---best burgers (not applicable) and best shakes (hell yes!) and lo and behold, there was no line. The weather was on my side. I was able to grab a chocolate shake in no time flat and head back uptown to Drisha (sans mittens) and enjoy my shake on the lovely N train. Was I making everyone jealous or was I nuts to be standing up, holding onto the poll, one hand with my shake and the other a Paul Auster novel?

~

Mums the word, say the flowers in my hair this week.

~

Susan at Drisha says Torah for the sake of Torah. And I think that's the best metaphor---anything only for the sake of itself. These are tough times. We need more moments just to live in them fully, but oh how hard it can be.

~

 Or not. 

~
An impractical milkshake on an inappropriate day makes me feel like I've somehow gotten away with something so delicious. 

No comments: