Friday, October 20, 2006

The Big Excitement of the Week

My dream job---teaching creative writing at Oberlin---the job posting was just sent to me today and since the deadline has passed, I'm scrambling to get it all together. When people ask me what I wanted to do, Oberlin was always the place that I used as a reference, a small college like Oberlin...so send your good karma my way that I can pull off a decent letter and get everything in asap.

And I had a great class today with teaching odes---I think it was the mysterious bags I passed out filled with something they should write an ode about. I think finally today my students saw so much joy and fun in writing. Perhaps I'll introduce these odes earlier next semester. I'm looking forward to reading Ode to Ranch Dressing, Ode to Plastic Silverware and the like...

and finally, Justin Timberlake tickets go on sale tomorrow!!! Yes, I am 27, just so we're clear.

3 comments:

Roonie said...

YOU CAN DO IT!

And give JT a big ol' kiss for me. Boy, do I love him.

natalie@theliquidmuse.com said...

Good luck to you. Just visualize it and it can be real...

Lisa said...

Back to Ohio!!! That's wonderful...sending good karma for that! And Oberlin too. Even better.